Skip to main content

ER reading report#3

ER-reading report #3


Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog
Today I will read one of the stories in english-le reader And will choose a suitable song for The story that I will tell this

                                    The lost phoebe

This story tells about two couples who love each other, Henry and Phoebe. They are middle aged people and have lived together for many years. They are farmers. Their whole world is harvested fields, fruit trees, and large yards with pets and birds. Everything else is very remote, which means it doesn't really matter. The moon and stars look beautiful, but they are so distant that they don't affect the lives of ordinary people. Henry and Phoebe live happily. Couples fight a lot, like any couple. The wife threatened to leave Henry, but she understood that it wasn't serious. He never feared Phoebe would leave. But he was afraid to die. One time Phoebe fell ill and died. He was buried in the spring. Henry was left alone. The neighbors invited him to live with them, but Henry didn't want to go far from where his wife was resting.

For this story, I used a soundtrack Entitled " thank you for loving me" by bon Jovi
                            https://youtu.be/0JVUaHJcZp4
(Because I wrote it on my cellphone so I just took a picture and if you want to hear the song, I've shared the link)
             
                             Thank you for loving me
                                   For being my eyes
                                  when I couldn't see
                                  For parting my lips
                              When I couldn't breath 

.Hendry really likes phoebe. They are a happy couple. At one point they had an argument and Phoebe said that she would leave Hendy but Hendry understood that it was not serious. Hendry was never afraid that Pheobe would leave but all he was afraid of was death 

                              Thank you for loving me
                              Thank you for loving me
                             Thank you for loving me
                                   Oh, for loving me

In early spring, everything changed, Phoebe fell ill and made her die. The neighbors told Hendry to stay with them but Hendry refused and said he wanted to be near where his wife was buried. After Phoebe's death, Hendry always had hallucinations, he always saw Phoebe everywhere, Hendry even went to his neighbor's house to look for Phoebe. but phoebe wasn't at her neighbor's house. One day Hendry awoke from his sleep, it was still dark, the moonlight shining brightly through the trees. Hendry saw light movement across the street. Is that phoebe? Hendry believes that it is Pheobe and Hendry chases him up the hill. Tears of joy appeared in her eyes when she saw Pheobe again. Well it really is phoebe. Pheobe waved his hand at Hendry and as if telling Hendry to come with him, Hendry happily stretched out his hand and left with Pheobe. The next day the farmer's children find Hendry on the hill. His body was crushed, there was a gentle happy smile on his face. The same smile he saw when Pheobe was alive.

Sad, right?😭. 
So what do you think? Does the song match the story? Please correct🙏


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the story and explaining your reason for choosing the song.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Agony Aunt

  DEAR AGONY AUNT hello everyone welcome back to my blog. today i will pretend to be one of the characters from the story i just read and i will write a letter to a famous person to help with my problem. This story is entitled "a devoted son" which was written by Anita Desai with 2562 words, 9 pages count and level B2 intermediate-plus and if you want to read this story, I have the link https://english-e-reader.net/book/a-devoted-son-anita-desai He here I will write a letter as the main character in this story, namely rakesh. This is the letter : Dear Pastor Gilbert Lumoindong Before I make my point, let me introduce myself. Hello my name is Rakesh, I am a doctor. I live with my father and wife and my mother is dead. my father was often sick after my mother left. When my father started getting sick, I always took care of him, and always gave him medicine regularly. My dad always asks my wife to make food that she shouldn't eat in a time like this. my wife and

REPORT#7

  REPORT #7 Hello everyone !! Come back with me on my blog. Today I will share some of the articles that I have heard on YouTube. So let's get started Title: How we conquered the deadly smallpox virus Source : https://youtu.be/yqUFy-t4MlQ Author: TED-ed Date of listening: April 15, 2021 Comment about the Text: This article is very interesting because it tells about the discovery of a drug for smallpox so that from these findings, smallpox can be stopped until now Something new: From this article, I learned some new vocabulary such as Bone marrow (sumsum tulang) , Smallpox (cacar) the information that I got from this article is The discovery of a cure for chickenpox is very helpful until now. Title: Schrödinger's cat: A thought experiment in quantum mechanics Source: https://youtu.be/UjaAxUO6-Uw Author :  TED-ed Date of listening: April 15, 2021 Description : Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger, one of the founders of quantum mechanics, posed this famous question: I

REPORT #7

Hello everyone!! Welcome back to my blog, so today is my last assignment for this semester. So in this blog I'll found three different article on YouTube. So, let's start it. Km Title : How we conquered the deadly smallpox virus Source : Author : Simona Zompi Date of listening : April 15, 2021 Description : This article tells about for 10,000 years, humanity suffered from the scourge of smallpox Comment about the Text : Artikel ini sangat menarik karena menceritakan tentang penemuan obat untuk penyakit cacar sehingga dari penemuan-penemuan itu, penyakit cacar bisa di hentikan hingga sekarang Something new : Dari artikel ini, saya mempelajari beberapa kosakata baru seperti Bone marrow (sumsum tulang), Smallpox ( cacar ) informasi yang saya dapatkan dari artikel ini adalah Penemuan obat untuk cacar kulit sangat membantu hingga masa kini. Tittle : Schrödinger's cat: A thought experiment in quantum mechanics Source : https://youtu.be/UjaAxUO6-Uw Author :  Date of li